Junk Box


Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Sunday la la, la la la


I think the song was actually Monday Monday, but you get the point. Today was a really great day. With being the Preschool and Nursery Coordinator (man, that's long) for Hillside Canyon, we have to be there at 7:00 a.m. We usually don't get out until 1:00 or so. That may make it sound like Sundays are long, hard days, but actually, it goes by so fast. Every Sunday, we say, man it feels like we just got here. We absolutely love it. We had to walk through a little fire to get here, but we are really thankful to be on the other side. We have met so many great people right here in the town that we have lived in for a long time. Never would have known they existed. We both miss our old friends, but are grateful for new ones. Small group has taken on a whole new meaning for the Steelmans this past week. Thank you Jesus.

So, more house pics. This is actually the first dresser I painted. The doors are actually wrapping paper I got on clearance at Old Navy, of all places, for like .99. Couldn't believe it when I found if. I have several sheets left, but already have plans in my mind for them. I painted everything else on it. I am still not completely happy with the top, I am going to sand it at little. Anywho, there it is. There pics are, clearly, of our living room. It has taken me two years to get to this point and I still have big plans. I saw a color today that I considered for the entry hall, it was a deep orange, like pumpkin. I quickly thought, am I just liking this color because I am thrilled about fall, or do I really want an orange entry hall? Last week I was liking a shade of blue. So, clearly, little more consideration in order there. I painted the front bathroom and guestroom blue, so I was thinking, better layoff the blue. Don't want to blue myself into a corner. When I decorate, or make a color choice, I usually ponder it for quite some time. I really try to visualize what the color will look like on the walls. I also consider what color I am pondering for the adjacent rooms and how they will all coordinate. I have bought the paint for the hall and JW just hung a "new" chandelier in there on Friday. My mom had taken it down out of her house they just sold on Stromberg and it was an antiqued white, not my color, but I was glad to have it and knew I could spray paint it black. Satin finish, black spray paint is a decorating "cure all" for us. The color is "Mustard Gold," and is a deep, drama shade of yellow. (Deep and dramatic, me?? Noooo.) It could almost qualify for gold, but is hanging on by its fingernails to yellow. I will post pics when I get it finished. No time frame on that one. I like to have the paint ready when the mood hits. I also am an early morning painter. I need to have every thing ready to go, first thing in the morning. I get more done.

No comments:

Unending Love, Amazing Grace

Followers