Junk Box


Saturday, September 19, 2009

Favorite, are you kidinnnnggg?



So, yesterday we take Grandma to Amarillo with us. JW was casually informed by his employer that there is no work and he will be blessed with the day off. As the Lord has commanded us to be prepared and stock our warehouses, we make great effort to do that. So, we were able to enjoy a random day off instead of be angry or fret about the bills. We decided to take Grandma to lunch at Chili's (for which she had a free dessert coupon and the molten chocolate cake ought to be illegal.) Sinnfully good is an understatement, Let me be clear, I do believe in indulging from time to time, just not everyday. So, went to her house, looked at all her little stuff, gave her a TV and a light fixture we took down, and headed to Chili's. We chatted the afternoon away. After Chili's, we went to Lowe's, got some fantastic purple pansies, paint for the hall, and some other random stuff. Then MRL, I did find a few things I am pondering, may go back. So, as we are heading back to Canyon, Grandma tells me that our house is her favorite. THEN she tells me it is Kim and Kaci and everybody's favorite. I felt a tear emerging. US? OUR house? I really have worked hard on it lately and now that I know it is world famous, I am going to post some pics. Comment, if you like. I am going to randomly post pics of different rooms. This particular room is our guest room and my crafty room, it is full of heirloom and hand me down furniture. The mirror over the bed was my Granaw's, my Dad's mother. She was the neatest person and paramount in my spiritual walk. She used to tell me about the Lord when I was very little. The bed is her mother's, who was known as Me Me. She would have been my great grandmother, but she passed before I was born. She may be where I get my shortness. The little end table was one that Mom found in a repo and she re-finished it in the 90's and when she got tired of it, she gave it to me. The busy little hand painted dresser was my little sister's. It actually has doors that go over the drawers, but at the advice of others, after I finished it, I left them off. I actually hung them on the wall improperly and they keep falling, so I will hopefully remember to post pics of them once they are secured. Now, let me clairify, these pieces did not look the way they do now when I was given them. One of my passions/hobbies is re-purposing and creativly painting unwanted things to make them new and cute. Stayed tuned.

No comments:

Unending Love, Amazing Grace

Followers