Junk Box


Friday, September 18, 2009

Daaaaaannnnnnnnnnggggggg!!

Ok, this one is bad. A month and a daaaaaaaaay???? Determination is the key here. I am having a love hate relationship with Facebook. I love how I can stay connected with friends and family and see their pictures and know from day to day what is going on in their lives. However, I have it set to send me emails when someone sends me a message or writes on my wall, or comments on a post of mine or after me. So, when I am meticulously trying to get some work done, I go to check email, see that someone did something and then I look up and it's 38 minutes later. Ugh. I really like it and hate it at the same time. I have got to get some self control going here. JW told me the other day on Bob and Tom (a really vulgar radio show he likes that is so geared toward men) they were talking about people being treated for Facebook addiction. I think I may be friends with some of them. Anyway, I definitely thought that was a little over the top, however, it can be a problem.

Aside from that, the Fair started today. The neighborhood is dark. I may be mistaken, but I am certain that we are the only family in the TX Panhandle tonight who are not at the Fair. Ya know, JW and I like to consider ourselves cool parents, but I must state that the Tri State Fair pushes my cool parentism to the absolute limit. I truly despise that thing. We take Chase every year. We always wait until they are running a special b/c that place could officially qualify as highway robbery. $5 for a ride that sounds like a manual can opener and is clearly filthy? $6 for a corndog, are you kidding me? That's like .78 worth of heart disease on a stick and you are trying to charge me $6? I won't even comment on the poor carnies, God love those pitiful people. I could really get on a soapbox about this, but you get my point. Not a Fair fan, but will grace it with our presence as we do every year at the begging ramblings of our precious little boy.

So, it's fall. I know, technically we have 3 days left of summer, but here, it's fall. The weather is cool, thank you Jesus, apple cinnamon candles smell good, starting to see pumpkins popping up everywhere, turkey black bean chili, spaghetti, Hawaiian haystacks, homemade ckn noodle soup, all are becoming our diets staples, once again. Now, I have something embarrassing to admit. I still don't have my Halloween and Fall decorations out yet. I KNOW, I KNOW, I am so laying down on the job. All I am asking for is a little grace here. OK, list of excuses, new ministry job (loving it!) little sister's baby shower, (got so much done with my house, and had an amazing turn out) real estate, (haven't closed anything in a while, but takes plenty of time none the less. I have some wonderful clients right now, so really enjoying it!) PTA exec. board/directory committee, (same thing, fun, made several new friends, time taker). So, I hope you will sympathize with my lateness. I mean, every year, I put the stuff up Labor Day weekend....and EVERY YEAR, JW walks in and says Halloween? I know, it is a bit early, but like the next day, all of the sudden, BAM, FALL. Anywho, better get to work. Just thought I would let you see the "tubs," I know, a little crazy, but my fall stuff is so stinkin' cute, I am telling you!!!

No comments:

Unending Love, Amazing Grace

Followers