Junk Box


Saturday, September 19, 2009

OK, so this is really just O.C.D.



This is what I do. Late last night, then first thing this morning, then next month. Sheeesh. Just trying to perfect this blogging business. I really like the fact that I can just pour my thoughts out through my finger tips. Social networking sites, not a good idea to do this. All though we have all seen folks, mostly woman, do this. I have often wanted to say, "Listen, you are making a fool of yourself and it is clear to all your fb friends that you are emotionally unstable and need to get a life." Little harsh, I know. I can be harsh sometimes. To me, it is kind of like spanking your child. Of course, controlled consistence is absolutely a must, but swift action, a couple of harsh swats, get the message across loud and clear. Mom ain't goin' for that business. Harshness. There is a fine art to knowing when and how much and what degree of pressure. Sometimes I nail it, sometimes, too harsh, sometimes too passive. I have found that the element of regret is as present with being too passive as with being too harsh.

Anywho, working on house today. JW has been cleaning on the garage for sometime now. He started last night and got about half way through and now he is on it again this morning. He went to Lowe's and bought an awesome, chrome shelf for all my gardening garb and a rack to hang up all the rakes and what such. Yay. We have had quite a struggle since we have lived in this house about that garage. First of all, he informed me that it was his and I was not to touch it. So, I informed him that the kitchen was mine and he was not to touch it. So, he got the point that both things are OURS. ....And the two shall become one flesh. ONE FLESH. No grey area there. If we are one flesh, how can that garage belong to only you??? He is painfully meticulous about some things and so am I. We compliment eachother in these differences, just took us a couple of years to perfect the communication part. He likes the garage clean, I could care less. I like the trash taken out, he would pile it for days, until it stinks, of course. He notices foreign smells immediately. He likes the yard perfectly mowed to a certain height and direction (we alternate directions.) I want it to look decent, but beyond that........ Anyway, he has been commenting that I need to clean out that garage b/c it is ALL my stuff. Well, now we all know that's not true, only about 90% of that is mine. Yes, I have a lot of stuff in the garage and I collect old furniture and what such that I have big plans of giving a face lift to. But it isn't ALL mine. It is a family medley. I have come to the conclusion, however, that I don't clean garages. I don't take out trash, and I don't mow. Until the men folk around here start cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, painting, and scrubbing toliets, I will not be mowing or garage or barn cleaning. It is a Biblical concept really. God made men to accomplish certain tasks and women to accomplish certain tasks. That is why we are "help mates." Men do not rule the home, rather they partner with a woman. Now, I know that Ephesians 5:22-24 is arguably the most mis-interpreted verse in the whole book. Yes, submit spiritually, but this puts a HUGE responsibility on the husband. HUGE. This means if you have someone go off the deep end, who was responsible for their salvation, that's right, Daddy-o. Not that mom doesn't play a role, of course she does. But Daddy will have to answer to the big boss about that. Not a job I am going to knock any man down for, I assure you. So, as for harmony in the home, decorating, dining decisions, candle fragrances, MY GIFT BUDDY, back off. I don't go out to your garage/barn telling you where and how things are going to go, don't even come in here and tell me. You may make suggestions and I will consider them. Let me tell you a little more of what that verse doesn't say. It doesn't say, Dad is the boss and mom's opinion doesn't matter. It doesn't say, Dad can run around and practice questionable morals and values and mom has to stay at home and wash his dirty underwear. It doesn't say that Dad can verbally or physically abuse mom or kids. Most importantly, it does not say that Dad and his desires and opinions are the only ones that matter in the home, like what we watch on TV, who we hang around with, what color anything is going to be (in my opinion) and especially where we will attend church. C'mon girls, be a woman. God blessed you with precious gifts, use them. I understand that we must find our common ground with our men. We must figure out where he is gifted and and where we are gifted. Our gifting balance is unique to our marriage and yours will be to yours. Don't be a mushball, spineless, pantie waste. Set a strong example of the powerhouse that mom can be, while submitting to Dad spiritually. Also, keep Dad accountable to Biblical principle on marriage and family and he you.

BUT, it does say, when he is being your helpmate and doing daunting tasks like garage cleaning, be sweet, make lunch, thank him, tell him you love him, and stay out of his way!!! Wow. (OK, I admit, I did help at the end.)

No comments:

Unending Love, Amazing Grace

Followers