Junk Box


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Typical Fall evening at Deer Ridge.



Well, my posting is getting a little more consistent. I have discovered that blogging is therapeutic in a way. I want to tell stories about life, get up on a soapbox, and share cool recipes that help other moms save money. I want to share exciting events and discoveries with whoever wants to look and listen. In July, we planted two native gardens on either side of our driveway. They are doing great and require very little water or maintenance. We tend to them about twice a month. Soooo, last night was a fairly typical evening at our house. JW got home at a decent hour. Things always just seem to go better when he gets home early. Chase's behavior is better and he is in a better mood when Daddy is home. So, we let Daddy decompress and then we do something together. I wanted to post some pics of what this looks like for us. Of course, Dixie has to be right in the middle of everyone. She's casing the scene, making sure everyone is safe, no strange dogs are going to get her family!! Sunday, we went to Lowes to get some mulch for these beds. We are contemplating using river pebbles. I will keep you posted on that. Anyway, we didn't leave with mulch, we left with mums, kale, pansies, and russian sage for the native beds. So, I did some fall containers, and I loooove them. I really like having a light colored house, totally different bedding plants and containers than I have planted for the last several years. I am looking for the perfect white pumpkin to set between these two. Also, I am happy to report, got my fall decorations up!! I just love fall decorations. They are so festive! They also signify the end of HOT, HOT, HEAT. Oh yah, that's a band, well anyway, you get the point. I love fall and I love decorating for fall. I like a little scary and a lot of pumpkins! I love black and what goes better with black than Halloween???


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Your mantle looks cute!

Unending Love, Amazing Grace

Followers